Friday, July 13, 2007

Welcome

To the first posting of what I like to call "Dicks in the City." What is that, you ask? Well, I envision this column being to men what "Sex and the City" was to women.

Still don't know what that means? Well, here's the idea: I am a man. At least, that's what 3 out of5 dentists say. And I am the guy that every woman I know comes to when they want to have the mind of a man explained to them. So if you've ever wondered: "Why did he do that?" Or "What does it mean when he said that?" Just ask me, and I'll answer. Truthfully, honestly, and no bullshit.

Why am I betraying my brethren? Simple: I am doing it for their own good. Too many men are in bad relationships, situations, etc., simply because their women or the women around them misinterpret their thoughts, words and actions. You can't apply girl logic to boys, just like boys can't apply logic to women(trick question: women don't USE logic, but I digress.)

The point is men view the world in a way that women do not, and that viewpoint is the prism through which we filter reality, just as women do the same. But unlike with women, there is no man out there accurately trying to bridge the communication gap and tell it like it is to women. All the other bloggers, headshrinkers and Dr. Phils of the world are often biased against men.

I'm not saying men don't do stupid shit. We do. But if you knew where we were coming from, and how we got there, well, I think it's safe to say that the world would be a better place. Hence this column. For years, I'd had the idea, but never done it. I was waiting for someone else to come forward. They didn't. Hear I am.

My first column will be posted soon, but for now, I say to you, ladies of the world, ask me that which you are dying to know about men. If I like your question, I'll answer it. Deal? Of course it is.

No comments: